Mass. College and Career Readiness
“Massachusetts students who are college and career ready will demonstrate the knowledge, skills and abilities that are necessary to successfully complete entry-level, credit-bearing college courses, participate in certificate or workplace training programs and enter economically viable career pathways” (Massachusetts Definition of College and Career Readiness).
Drury High School’s College and Career Center, comprised of Guidance Counselors, a Career Specialist, Grad Coaches, and a College/Career Facilitator, will assist students in successfully navigating the post-secondary and college/career planning process. We will provide resources and services in order to meet the needs of individual student in grades 8-12. By the end of Grade 12, students will learn to utilize Naviance effectively, apply the results of Interest surveys to college and career planning and attain proficiency in professional language and practices.
Naviance is an online program for students, teachers and parents that helps connect academic achievement to post-secondary goals.
All Drury students and staff have been registered, logged in and trained in Naviance!
In the center you can:
- Research college options, requirements
- Complete scholarship applications and college essays
- Search for part-time and/or summer employment
- Meet with military and college representatives
- Create a resume
- Write cover letters and thank you notes
- Fill out job applications and practice interview skills
- Perform post-secondary planning with aid from various assessments and resources
- Plan internships and align course load with college/career plans
- Learn about financial assistance/FAFSA
- Work in a quiet, safe and supported environment