Basic Rights: Understanding the IEP A Free Virtual Workshop for Parents and Professionals
Date / Time: 1/25/2021 6-8 PM Registration Link: https://zoom.us/meeting/register...
Organizations: Hoosac Valley Regional School District - Joshua Dickson, Director - firstname.lastname@example.org North Berkshire School Union - Stephanie Pare, Director - email@example.com North Adams Public Schools - Tom Simon, Director - firstname.lastname@example.org Mount Greylock Regional School District - Patrick Priester, Director - email@example.com
Presenter: Karen Mowry, firstname.lastname@example.org
This presentation will delve into the Individual Education Program (IEP) document, its development, the breakdown of each section and understanding how the document will support a student.
- Why the IEP is Important
- Who is eligible for an IEP
- How the IEP is Developed
- Strengths and Concerns
- Vision Statements
- IEP Sections including PLEP A & B, Annual Goals and Service Delivery Grid
- Differences between Accommodations and Modifications
- Response, Placement and Consent
- Procedural Safeguards and more!